Sunday, August 18, 2013

Enjoy The Moment



I often find myself thinking of past memories and future “what ifs” I have recently re-discovered to be focused in the present and appreciate the current moment. I took a 3-week vacation to Montana this summer with my boyfriend and his family. After about eight days I was really able to completely relax. I was able to let go of any worries or concerns I had prior to flying to the beautiful state (Montana). Every morning I had a warm cup of coffee and sat on the porch while listening to the birds sing. The air was refreshing with a subtle hint of pine trees and huckleberries! One morning while doing my morning routine it dawned on me that I was enjoying the current moment that was happening in my life. I haven’t felt this way in quite sometime. I wasn’t distracted by people talking, cars driving, or big malls filled with brand name items. It was just me and good ol’ nature. I don’t typically think of my self as the “country” type but all I know is I felt at such peace.  







I encourage you to explore what it is that YOU enjoy in life, whether it be singing, painting, or just drinking coffee on the porch. What puts you at ease? Take sometime to explore who you are/what puts a smile on your face…. I promise you won’t be disappointed :) 



                

No comments:

Post a Comment